Saturday, September 29, 2012

Children, class, computers, and chaos....what a cluster....

It's been 6 months since I've had a chance to write. Where does the time go?? Mine has gone through baseball season....lots of travel....to Chicago, New Orleans, Tennessee, New Orleans.....now back to school for me and the boys and even Mr. Loud......football, soccer, and fall baseball.....and tons of chaos and confusion at work. When life gets so busy and the running around is incessant it becomes so easy to lose focus of whats important versus what's just happening, whether you participate in the event or not. So many days these last 2 years I have missed a ballgame, or a school function, or even just being home to watch TV with Mr. Loud. I've put in loooong hours at work or traveling around the State. Remember I'm a Nurse Champion....working on a huge EHR shared between the other 10 State hospitals. I've been so busy trying to make sure my hospital is taken care that I've let my family life take 2nd place. I have a good friend from down South who told me the story of a sticky note a friend left for her at her desk when she had alot going on in her personal life and was finding it hard to juggle home and family and work. We often lose sight of the main things we need to always keep our focus us. The main thing often becomes what is actually not main at all. Our focus should always be on home and family....because when work is over that's what we go home to.....that's what we wake up to.....and that's what is there to pick us up when we fall down. From here on out I'm going to remember that sticky note my friend still has stuck above her desk acting as a gentle reminder when work gets in the way.......ALWAYS KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING........yep....sums it up doesn't it? So with that I think I'll go hug and play with my main things.....and I hope y'all do the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment