Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cake, bats, and alot of heart.....

So this past Friday night was my Daddy's birthday. The boys had to light the candles....at least 3 times.....and then even blew his candles out! But Daddy didn't care, he even told them to do it. My boys love them some Papa....even though Nani spelled his name wrong on the cake and Big C called her out for it! Papa just aggravates them to no end...but they love him dearly. Big C still crawls up in his lap to have his back scratched every afternoon after school....and Little C loves to harass and irritate him....just cause he can. I'm so glad my little boys have a buddy in their Papa....cause God knows he loves them too!



And these 2 little beauties.....these are Big C's and his BFF JD's new baseball bats for this year! Me and his mom ordered them together and got a pretty good deal on them....now if they'll just knock it outta the park they will be soooo worth the money! Ok....it doesn't have to go out of the park.....they can just knock it way out in the outfield! ;-)
Ok...so now I'm thinking I can sew! I got my sewing machine working....even had to get the instructions out. And let me tell you that I H-A-T-E instructions! But....turns out I had the bobbin thing in wrong....go figure.Anyway, I was in need of a shirt to wear on Valentine's day...so I sucked it up and read the directions for the machine and got my sewing groove on! One of my staff is a sewing godess! She has thousands of dollars invested in all of her equipment....so I took a few notes from her....and cranked my $100 machine up....got some fabric out of the scrap bin at Hobby Lobby and got creative! (Notice the wine in the background....it fuels creativity...in case you didn't know.)
Thanks goodness for the internet and free images.....just printed up some different hearts and got to cutting.
And played around with some different ways to lay them out.....while of course getting some input from my friend Sewing Godess via multiple text messages and sending pics.
And of course I didn't have any of that iron on stuff the you secure the fabric on with so I used glue....yep....plain old glue to hold it in place.....don't judge....it worked fine and washes out. But while I was waiting on the glue to dry I finished up the necklaces I made for the boys teachers for Valentine's Day....aren't they just too cute?! They loved them! And the boys took them to them on Monday so that they would get to wear them for 2 days. They were so excited to take their teachers something special.
And after sewing those layers down and adding a cute little coordinating bow I successfully made my 1st applique tshirt....yay me!!! Not too bad for a first timer!! I proudly wore it with my own wire wrapped necklace on V day.
Now aren't these just the best?! I went to a family painting party Sunday at my husband's cousins house and this is the snack I took.
Notice all the extra rice krispy treats I had left over? Can you guess where that went?! haha....no leftovers what so ever. (me and Little C finished those off!)
As if just heart shapes weren't cute enough....I blinged them out with drizzled DARK chocolate and sprinkles.

Swwwweeeeeeeet!!
And don't forget Mr. Loud....he's still loving his 14 days of Valentine's. And ya know what.....so am I!
And finished these individual treat bags for the boys V Day parties at school at 10:30pm....and finished up there individual V Day cards the morning of at 7:15am...cause that's how we roll......last minute finishers. But we got er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment