Saturday, January 28, 2012



Cinnamon rolls, chainsaws, and clothes


Cinnamon rolls, chainsaws, and clothes
So today was a good day. My “3rd son” spent the night with us and today was his birthday. Of course all kids need to wake up to birthday happiness so I did the only cute thing I could think of…..I made him a birthday cake made of cinnamon rolls….complete with sprinkles and candles. He loved it! And guess what….it had those great relighting candles! So all 3 kids blew and spit all over the “cake”, but we ate it anyway, whats a little spit amongst family?!
Then came the really fun stuff….crankin the new chain saw up! Woo hoo! I do love to play in the yard! The 1/2 of a tree that fell during the storm the other night has been callin my name! I had enough and went and bought a chain saw. Of course husband asked, “now what do you need a chain saw for?!”….to which I replied, ” I don’t, but you do”. Soooo…..I bought HIM a new chain saw. And let me tell you he did a great job with it! He only tore up one chain….approximately 45 minutes after cranking it up for the 1st time….but after a shower and a run to Lowe’s for another one….he kicked butt. And just let me tell you….I sure did appreciate my college education today….pickin up wood and stackin it is HARD manual labor….which some people have to do day in and day out…..and not nearly as much fun as ridin my John Deere and drinkin beer! But the tree is gone and stacked all around 5 stumps to be burnt this summer after they dry out….which is killin my soul now cause all I can think about is how much fun its gonna be to set them piles on fire! Can you sense just a little bit that I am a fire bug?! I will burn anything…and then some! No leaf, limb, stumps….or trees for that matter are safe when they are outta their place!
While doin all of this fun stuff today, something else was running in the background…..yep….the washing machine. WHY is it not standard that all women have at least 2 washing machines and dryers?! I mean come on! Why do we have to spend days at a time tryin to catch up on laundry when we could just load up 2 or 3 or 5 washers at one time and be done and on our way outside to mow or burn something up? Wish I had more money….and a bigger washroom….and an extra hot water heater….cause I would soooo be in debt to Lowe’s! OMG….the only thing that could make that better would be somebody to fold and put up all of those clothes for me!! Oh well…..back to reality…..guess that’s all I have time for tonight….I just heard the dryer alarm go off…..time to put in another load.

No comments:

Post a Comment