Saturday, January 28, 2012

Thanks Pinterest...now I'm an addict.....

So thanks to discovering Pinterest, I now have a perfect excuse for not cleaning house, studying, or basically doing anything constructive other than scouring for new crafting ideas....Thanks Pinterest!

This is one of those painted t-shirts that was so popular oh...about 15 years ago! But I looooved this angel and never could throw it away. She lived on a hanger hung on the back of a clothes rack in my washroom!
 I had been wanting to learn to Mod Podge stuff...thanks to tutorials on Pinterest now I know how! And I experimented on a "C", my best friends initial...and gave it to her. I told her I surely wasn't going to mess up on my own initial first! haha...she's the best!
 I am loving the lighted wine bottles! I now have a matching set on either side of my kitchen counters. One of my staff's birthday is this Sunday and he happens to enjoy a good glass (more or less!) of good bourbon. So I told him to bring me an empty bottle and just so happens he just finished one (it is hunting season ya know!!)....so I made him a cute light for his camper. He is gonna so be the envy of the hunting camp!
 Another one of my staff's daughter is having a baby soon and we threw her a baby shower last weekend. She's doing an owl theme. I saw this cute owl fabric at Walmart...on clearance....and knew I could make something out of it....so this is what I came up with....a fabric wrapped wreath with the baby's name on it. She's going to hang it on her hospital door when he's born. We also used it as an impromptu wall decoration behind the gift table at the shower...it worked great!
I learned how to make those cute felt flowers! I am loving these small little fabric wrapped wreathes. They are just cute and sweet hanging on my office door....I think I'm going to make one for every season...they make me smile!
This is the first fabric wrapped wreath I made. Notice the little wrapped flowers....dang near burned my fingers off with the glue gun with those!
And here is what became of that cute painted Christmas angel shirt I just couldn't get rid of! She is sooo pretty now! I'm going to paint the cheap $5 frame I put her in glittery gold later on. She's so going to hang on a wall this Christmas! She makes me smile too!
I had this painted J that I made a couple of years ago (can't remember exactly what my vision was for it!) and saw a framed initial on Pinterest. Well....another $5 frame from Walmart....11x14 I think. I painted the  back of the paper picture that came in the frame (yep you read that right!)with black crafting paint using a sponge brush all going in the same direction. Let it dry then put it back in the frame after cleaning the inside of the glass really well so there was no dirt/lint inside the glass. It looks really cool...the paint is kinda streaky and looks like distressed wood behind the glass! Then I hot glued the J to the glass (which didn't stay!!). Soooo...I wired the J up through the top of the picture, between the glass and the frame, then hot glued it again to the glass to keep it from moving. I should have used fishing line, but I didn't think of that! Then stapled the ribbon to the back of the fram and tied a big ol bow and left the pieces long to cover up the wire! (Wouldn't have had to do that if I would have used fishing line!) It's hanging on a wreath holder in my living room now. I'm thinking about moving it to a wall.....but I really hate committing with nails!
 I made one of these last week to use at the baby shower, out of clear glass dishes from Dollar Tree. The whole thing cost a whopping $5! But the thing fell apart....turns out textured glass doesn't adhere very well. And one of my friends kept laughing at it. I told her it was only because she was envious of my creation and I could sense she had a truely jealous heart....soooo.....I made her this one! It's made out of melamine dishes and glass candle sticks! Cost me a little more....very little more! And she loved it!!! And so did everyone else! I think I'll make some of these for gifts these year. Very cute and comes in handy when you don't want to get all of your big serving dishes out!
This little cutie is made out of wrapped sheets of felt. The little flowers are free handed cut outs. A friend of mine said it looked like a Kindergarten project....but it makes me smile too....a sweet little simple wreath.....pretty sure she's just jealous I didn't make her one too! It's going on my office door for Valentine's Day. HA!
 And all crafting projects always go better with a big ol glass of WINE. I sure hope you are as happy when  you are crafting...and all of your artwork makes you smile! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I found you! I am a Pinterest addict too, but then, you probably already knew that. I cannot stop pinning!! I am teaching kids' art classes next week, so at least I will MAKE myself make a few things as I am slowing down and organizing to teach them! Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! You found me...and your my 1st comment! I'm in grad school and even that hasn't even stopped me yet...I was trying to read today but kept getting sucked back in!Too bad your so far away and don't teach BOYS art classes...mine would LOVE them.

      Delete