Saturday, January 28, 2012

Time has flown...yes it's a cliche I know!
12/30/2011


Wow....hard to believe I haven't blogged since the end of May! Time really does fly right on past you sometime. But I have been busy....busy at work....busy at home....busy with grad school....and busy just living life! Living my crazy, awesome life! I know some would say "awesome?! yeah right!...whatever!!" But to me it is awesome! I have been blessed to have had such a great year. I have had a great year at work. I have been a part of and witnessed the implementation and "turning on the switch" of our state's new Electronic Health Record that will be shared by all 10 hospitals. This is no small feat and to say it has been stressful is an understatement....but the satisfaction and pride and appreciation that my team has for this is immeasurable! I am so thankful that I have a job that I go to everyday with a joyous attitude and true love for what I do. My attitude is my choice, and I CHOOSE to be thankful and joyfully perform my duties at work.
     I have watched my baby boys grow. I have watched both of my boys play the same sports and both have made me so proud! Whether it's catching a line drive or hitting the ball of the tee in less than 3 attempts, they always make me proud. I watched both of them play in the waves this past summer at the beach, I watched them help me search for "just the right shell to make a beautiful necklace" every time we walked to and from the boardwalk. I watched their faces aglow as we watched the 4th of July fireworks show while sitting on the SeaBlaster in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. I saw the love that my baby boy has for his big brother when he cried at Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year because he "missed Cade" and I saw the love that big brother had for him as him and his friends eventually made a way for his baby brother to be able to play with the "big kids" at recess everyday. I watched as baby brother put on his little football uniform for the 1st time and I watched big brother put his on for the last game of the season, which just happened to be the playoffs, all while knowing this is the last year he will play a non-contact football game. I watched baby brother take his very 1st test in school and ever so proudly announce to us...with test in hand...that he made a 100 on it, while the very next week he missed 1 question and his little world fell around him. I have watched them quizzing each other on math and spelling, reading to each other, and trying to help the other with homework. I have watched them struggle to come up with a birthday and Christmas wish list......baby brother only wanted things big brother already had....and big brother had problems even coming up with a list of things he wanted! That's because they have too much already....or so some would tell me. But I also watched as they wrote letters to Santa, and sat on his lap at the mall. I watched them find our Christmas elf "Henry" on December 1st, then jump up to search for him every morning through Christmas day and excitedly read his cards he "left for them". I saw pure and sweet BELIEF in something they couldn't see but never questioned. I heard my baby tell me that I didn't have to buy him a Christmas present because what is more important than presents is spending time with our family. That brought tears to a proud Momma's eyes. Of course the next sentence out of his sweet mouth was "and don't worry, Santa brings me presents anyway". Sweet BELIEF! And I have video of baby brother singing and talking to Jesus, "sweet Jesus"....that is the most precious thing I have ever heard.
     I'm so proud that they always at least TRY things....whether it be in baseball, football, school, or play.....at least they TRY. I'm proud that they just TRY, they may not be successful....which I tell them....but the important thing is to try. I'm proud that they have JOYOUS attitudes also and are happy children, who live life with good attitudes. That is a choice. I choose JOY and I hope I influence my children to choose JOY also...in all aspects of their life. Life is not always about the big victories....sometimes its about the practices.....the practices that we JOYOUSLY show up for and try our best.......because we know we need practice to win the game, because life is busy and before we know it, it will be game day! So practice hard and JOYOUSLY.....YOUR team needs you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment